Greater New England Junior Classic
Beginning in 2017, the New Hampshire Golf Association will conduct the Greater New England Junior Classic, a regional Junior Golf Championship for the premier junior golfers in the northeast. The championship is designed for high-level golfers and is open to players ages 13-18. The event will attract the top players from across New Hampshire and the entire Northeast to compete at one of the top golf courses in the region. The NHGA will strive to create a championship atmosphere while fostering a welcoming environment for all players, parents, and spectators.In 2017, Bretwood Golf Course will host the innaugural Championship.
Host: Bretwood Golf Course (Keene, NH)
Dates: Saturday, October 21st & Sunday October 22nd.
The event is open to boys and girls ages 13-18 (note: players that are 18 years-old must not be in college). Open registration will begin July 1st, 2017.
Pre-registration will be available to the following exempt players:
- 2016 & 2017 NHGA Boys Junior Champion
- 2016 & 2017 NWHGA Girls Junior Champion
- Any player who qualified for the Championship OR First Flight of the 2017 NHGA Junior Championship
- Top-5 individuals from the boys/girls NHIAA State Finals
- Top-5 New Hampshire finishers from Granite State Junior Classic
- Any player selected to the 2016 New England Junior Team
- Top-5 individuals from the NHWGA Championship
- Champion and runner-up from Boys and Girls Junior Championship from each New England state
A full field size will be 120 players, with 88 spots reserved for boys and 32 spots reserved for girls. The event will be 36-holes, stroke play. In the event one division does not fill its total number of players, spots will be filled in the other division.
Any questions regarding the event can be directed to NHGA Tournament Director, Greg Howell