The New Hampshire Golf Association, a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering the ideals and traditions of the game of golf in New Hampshire, was established in 1905. Currently the association is made up of 100 member clubs and more than 15,000 golfers. The NHGA provides a number of services to the golfing community in New Hampshire, including:
- Providing USGA handicaps through USGA/GHIN Handicap Systems to 15,000 + golfers.
- Providing course ratings and measuring services to all New Hampshire Golf Clubs.
- Supporting the Richard D. McDonough Scholarship Foundation, which provides college scholarships to deserving young men and women who work at New Hampshire Golf Clubs.
- Act as Liason between NH Clubs and all state, regional and national golf associations.
- Provide communications to our clubs and members through the internet and the association news letter Season.
- Conduct several state tournaments, including NHGA Amateur, NHGA Stroke Play, NH Open, NHGA Mid-Amateur, NHGA Junior Boys and NHGA Seniors Championships.
- Provide relevant information to our club relative to state and national legislation.