The New Hampshire Golf Association is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to fostering the ideals and traditions of the game of golf in New Hampshire. The NHGA was established in 1905 to foster, promote, conserve and administer the game of golf in the State of New Hampshire, as embodied in its ancient and honorable tradition. This includes handicapping, scholarships, tournaments, promotion of Junior Golf, and promotion of the Rules of Golf and any other activity reasonably related to the foregoing.
The NHGA is a recognized Allied Golf Association (AGA) of the USGA. Currently the association is made up of 100 member clubs and more than 18,000 golfers. The NHGA provides a number of services to the golfing community in New Hampshire, including:
- Providing USGA handicaps through USGA/GHIN Handicap Systems to 21,000 + golfers.
- Providing course ratings and measuring services to all New Hampshire golf courses.
- Supporting the Richard D. McDonough Scholarship Foundation, which provides college scholarships to deserving young men and women who work at New Hampshire golf facilities.
- Act as liaison between New Hampshire Clubs and all state, regional and national golf associations.
- Provide communications to our clubs and members through the internet and the association news letter
- Conduct New Hampshire's premier golf tournaments, including the New Hampshire State Amateur, NHGA Stroke Play, New Hampshire Open, NHGA Mid-Amateur, NHGA Boy's State Junior and NHGA Senior Championship. The NHGA also offers one-day net events open to players of all skill levels. For a complete list of our events, please click here.
- Provide relevant information to our clubs relative to state and national legislation
The NHGA actively cooperates with the USGA, PGA of America, and International Association of Golf Administrators on a national level. Closer to home, we work closely with the First Tee of New Hampshire, NH Chapter of the New England PGA Section, NEGCOA, GCSA of New England, Profile Senior Golfers' Association, and NHSGA to promote and grow the game of golf in New Hampshire.